Wednesday, January 26, 2005

CosPlay Breazy

Yo.

I need to start getting back into writting in this thing more often. As for my last recent entry, I really don't recall all I said in it, and I don't feel like looking it up, but I am sure I was very upset in it. Well, I am over it. I am just happy she has found some one, who looks like makes her happy. Whether I will ever find someone for myself is unclear at this point, but it's okay. If I am meant to be with someone, we will find each other.

My ex apologized last night. I was telling her that two of my friends are planning on getting engaged to their girlfriends soon. Out of the blue she responds, "Does it hurt you a lot that other people are getting engaged and you aren't anymore?" I answered truthfully, that it did a little. It does hurt, but I am so very happy for them. But when I told her it did a little, she said, "I am sorry..." I told her not to worry about it and not to apologize, that it was okay.

And truly, it is okay. This is the path she chose to go down, and there was never any real chance of me following her path. if she had never moved, we could have gone down one path together, but ever since that move, I was only waving at her across a field from my path. Maybe along the way I will find someone who's path joins mine. I just want for her to always be happy. Though I am not fond of the names she chose for her child if it is a boy.

Now on to the CosPlay thing. Maniac and I have been cracking down and getting serious about A-Kon. Last year the dude in charge cheated Maniac out of his Kon money and our room. This year Maniac is in charge and I am like the secretary. We got our room reserved and we have all the prices figured out... If we are able to get 4+ people to go with us. We think we might, but aren't sure. Rion, if he goes, is getting his own room, so that is not going to help us in the least.

Originally I was going to dress as the Moonlight Knight (or this, and this.) from "Sailor Moon R" on Saturday (the major CosPlay day) and Haru Glory (from Groove Adventure Rave) on Firday when I get there. But plans have changed.

Maniac has a new favorite series by the people who did "Cowboy Bebop." It is called "Samurai Champloo." He wants to dress as Mugen and he wants me to to do Jin. I was all for that. So now we are doing those two on Saturday and I will still be doing Haru on Friday. I like doing a group CosPlay better than solo, so this will be cool. And Bebop fans should recognize us.

I made a drawing of me as both characters and labled what I needed. I've been colleceting the pieces I need for each slowly. As for Haur, I could not find a short sleeved black shirt or white slacks. So I got a long sleeved black shirt and gray slacks. The second third of the series he wears a long sleeves black shirt with gray symbols on the sleeves and gray slacks, so I will do that version. (Like this.) Jin, I am getting a lot of Japanese clothing from eBay. Just need to add those diamonds. Alread got the glasses.

I think the most difficult parts to do will be to make the swords. I need a long and short traditional samurai swords for Jin... Not having luck finding any fake swords I could use... Might have to make-shift some wooden practice ones and make sheaths out of paper mache`. As for the sword Haru uses. That big one behind him is his sword, but it can transform into 9 other shapes. I wish to make this shape: Runesave... You know, for the last week I could not find a picture of it till just now... Anyway, it's also green. This I have an idea of how to make, but it's going to take some time... Good thing I have 4 months to go.

And to top it all off, I need to find a stuffed animal of this thing: Plue. It like, follows Haru around and is a key to the whole story you find out later on.

Well... I think that is enough writing. On to more research for CosPlay~!!!

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home