Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Messy Messy...

I've started work on making a sheath for my sword that goes with my Jin costume. Working with paper mache is really messy. I mean it is all over the place and icky. And you can only to one layer at a time, and each layer takes 24 hours to dry completely. (According to the website I went to to find out how to do it.) It also said I need at least 3 layers for any project. Since this will be against my waist for 12+ hours, I will need to make extra layers for strength.

I've yet to begin work on the top of the kimono. That will take me a while. I really wanted to avoid a lot of sewing this year, but it seems I just can't escape it. Oh well, it's all good. When I get it finished, I shall add the details to it. I need to get those skirts put together too. That shouldn't be hard at all really.

I've also made sure I can style my hair like Jin's. I just need some soft of gel that will keep my hair straight so it will look right all day long. Other than those things and getting a second sword, I am finished with Jin.

Haru, I now have the necklace for and and a few steps from being finished with the sword. I need to find a stuffed animal I can use as Plue's body. I have a styrofoam ball to use as the head. I still need to plan on what to do with his nose though. I also need to add 4 small details to my shirt and then to my shoes and I will be done with Haru, except for the final step. That will be spraying my hair silver, and I will have to wait until the morning of to do that. My hair will not look exactly like Haru's, but I am sure it will be acceptable. Heck, it has to be better looking than the attempts I've seen other CosPlayers try.

So close yet so far away. I have 2 and a half months left to get this all done. Plus I still need to loose weight, which shamefully I admit I have lost none of. But I plan on buying something that may help me out if I actually dedicate my self to working with it like it tells me I need to. Supposed to show results in 7 days too. So If I get it and do it every day, I will have 1 1/2 - 2 months to loose weight with it. Wish me luck my faithful minions.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home