Monday, February 21, 2005

I Am An Enthusiastic CosPlayer

Hehehe~. Thanks Bantam. I am indeed an enthusiastic CosPlayer. You should be greatly honored that you know me! Bwahahah~!! And those links worked, and I think that would be pretty cool to see you CosPlay as.

Update on the costumes!!!

Okay, I will start with Haru. I have just finished putting together the sword, Rune Save. Took me 6 hours straight. I had to do some archeticting, as the picture I used for reference was 8 inches and I had to turn it into 5 feet. Some how, the sword came out to be 5' 8"... It's an inch taller than me people! The blade is like 3' 6", the hand gaurd is roughly 5" and the hilt is 18-20".... Something like that. It looks rather accurate though... Sadly, I made it out of cardboard, so the edges were holey. So I used duct tape to cover them. I started to spray pain it green, but it looks a little weird cause you can still see the edges of the tape... I am hoping enough coats of paint will make those edges disappear... ::sweat drop::

Currently only one side is painted. I still need to do the other side then pain the guard and the hilt piece. Then wrap the hilt in tennis raquet grip, and then take a sharpy and draw the designs on the blade.

As for the costume, I have most of what I need. I just need to either sew of the designs on my sleeves, or paint those on with fabric paint.... I think I may go with the latter. Then I have created out of molding clay, the first Rave Stone Haru gets and the charms on his necklace. Need to paint those and get a chain.

I have decided I need to make a Plue. That white thing I linked a picture of. I couldn't find a stuffed animal of him on eBay or any online stores... So I need to make one. I have an idea how, but it sounds crazy and cruel...

Finally, I still need to get the silver hair spray...

As for Jin... I found a patter for a full body kimono... I bought some material to use, and will have to alter the pattern a bit, but I think I can get it to come out all right.

Finally bought a wooden sword off of eBay. I will have to make a sheath for it out of paper mache and then paint it to look like a sword. Just need a small plastic sword to be the kodachi.

JCPenny was having a huge sale, so my mother took me. We bought two skirts for me. That sounds weird, I agree. Believe me, I was most embarrassed when she would hold a skirt against me to see how it would look... See, to make Jin's Umanori (Traditonal Men's Kimono Pants) I will need two skirts, split them at seams, sew together at those seams, cut down the middle, sew more seams. That way they will look basically like real Umanori. But I needed her so it didn't look like I was the one buying them... ::embarrased:: Jin will take the most work. I honestly wanted to avoid doing sewing this time around. The sewing room is cramped and a hassle to move around in... Oh well.

At JCPenny I fell in love with this necklace I found... It has a heart made of onyx and then this Victoriam design made of white gold spreading over the two bumps at the top of the heart... It's dazzling and I couldn't stop looking at it. $149.99.... Guess what. I bought it... Just cause I couldn't bare leaving it... I'll be paying that off for awhile... (That's the price of a Nintendo DS! ::tear::!!)

So, CosPlay is close to being complete. Yosh! Now to start getting A-Kon meetings set and discussing plans.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home