Sunday, February 27, 2005

Didn't Even Have To Use Alchemy...

The other day I bought "Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel" for my PlayStation 2. It's a game based off of one of my favorite anime series. But when I tried to play it, my system kept telling me "Disk read error" which wasn't making me very happy.

So the next day I took the game back to Best Buy, since I figured the disk was dead on arrival, and I just needed to get a new copy of it. So I did, and when I tried that disk, the same problem occured... After talking to Maniac about it, he said it means my PS2 is about to die. His wouldn't read new games either before it crashed. I've only had this thing for about a year. Used my tax refund to get it. Kind sucks if I had to use this year's tax refund to buy another one...

So I got on eBay to look for a new one for cheap. No luck... Then I got an idea. I found a website telling me how to fix the dreaded "Disk read error" problem. It was sickeningly easy to do. And wouldn't you know? It worked perfectly.

Would have been funny if I had to use alchemy to fix my PS2 so that I could play my Full Metal Alchemist game...

I think now I want to get my hands on the "Inu Yasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask" game... and I still need "Gungrave" and "Gungrave: Overdose" games... I am also thinking about importing "Naruto 2" for the GameCube... So much to get, so little money to spend.

With only 4 hours of work next week and 7.75 hours the week after, I won't be getting very big checks... And I've been there a year as of the 26th this month. I am so looking for a new job. Hopefull I find one soon that pays well, gives me more hours, and I won't hate with a passion like I do this one. But If I can't find one by the end of March I will stop looking till I get back from A-Kon. I'd really like a job at Best Buy... After 3 months you get a crazy discount on everything according to the friends I had working there.

Hmm... My tax refund this year will be $198... I was planning on using most of that as A-Kon spening money, but I should help my parents out with money... Since I am not in college and have a lousy job, I am not worth what they are spending on me... Maybe if I get a nice job and start making more I can talk Maniac into getting an apartment with me?

On a personal note to my friend TBH, I am sorry I was not able to save enough money to buy you a plane ticket up here to attend A-Kon with me this year. With any luck, I might be able to next year. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and blow a kiss to the full moon and ask her to help me as well.

Speaking of A-Kon. My current plans for CosPlay at next year's A-Kon will be the Moonlight Knight from Sailor Moon R, and Hamlin from Hamlin no Violin Hiki (Violinist of Hamlin). Let me see if I can find a picture of Hamlin... Won't be easy, I bet. Series was made in 1996, 25 episodes long and not many Americans know about it... Here, just scroll down till you see the name Hamlin under a picture. He's the 2nd picture. This one too... Yes, that is GIANT violin on him in these pictures if you can see it. Look like cello, I know, but it's actually a violin. I love that. His friend carries a piano on his back. This would be fun to CosPlay. Heh.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home