Thursday, May 20, 2004

Curses! I Have But One Hand To Use!

Because I was called into work yesterday, I did not have time to go grab the last of the supplies I need to make this costume, and I didn't feel like going anywhere today. I shall do it tomorrow though for sure.

Tonight, I attempted to glue the metal pieces of Vincent's left arm on to the guantlet I made today. I took jean material, wrapped it around my arm, sewed it together. Then I hand stitched the arm part to a glove.

Well, my hand needs to be in the gauntlet to give shape so the metal pieces can be glued into the correct shapes... Sadly, I did not calculate the glue seeping through the material onto my skin... So now the back of my hand is burning... Then I realised, I will not be able to complete this alone, for trying to do it one handed is impossible.

Most of the pieces I need to put rubber bands on so they hold in place, otherwise they will never stay put. I can't take care of that one handed... So I asked my sister to ask a friend of ours if she would come over after school to help me out. Hopefully my friend is not working after school and will be able to.

If she does, I will first take her with me to get the last of my supplies. After that, we shall come back and I will use her to fix something on my cape I needed help with, and then we shall work on my hand.... cause I am going to have to sit in that gauntlet for a long time to keep the form of my hand while the glue dries.

Sadly, I also need to figure out how to form the last piece of metal on Vincent's arm... It sticks out, making a dome like shape... I need to work on that too... ::sigh:: I love CosPlaying!!! This is so great! I enjoy a good challenge!

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home