Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Return of the Sexy - Friday

(Note: I got back from A-Kon on Sunday, but while I was typing this the power went out and the cable to didn't work for a couple of days so this is the first chance I've had to redo it.)

So I just got back from A-Kon... I have mixed feelings about it. It was good, and for the majority I had fun. Bad sadly, compared to last year it was not as fun. Friday was probably the most aggravating and today was probably the worst and Saturday was the saddest yet best.

Just so you all know, this is going to be a long entry. Please be prepared. I am a writer.

Thursday I worked in the morning, hung with Rion on his lunch at his new apartment, then headed home. Went to sleep and woke up at 9:20 pm so my sister could flat iron my hair for me. She went to bed and I created the symbol for my Ice Spikes that go with my Alchemist costume.... Finally! Then slowly I finish packing my bathroom supplies and get into costume piece by piece. Sprayed my hair white first off, to let it dry so it would not get on my clothes. Eventually I was complete.

Sat around waiting for 4am to arrive, when Maniac would pick me up. I watched Volume 3 of Samurai Champloo. Then I watched episode 12 of Gokusen Season 1. Tear jerker. I love that series. Thank you for introducing it to me, D.

4am comes, no Maniac. 4:15 I text him asking if he is awake. He texts back saying he is giving me the middle finger. See... it's an A-Kon tradition. I was told A-Kon 14 on a video they are trying to wake him up and all you can see is his Fro over the couch's arm. He stirs as if getting up then you see him flip everyone off and roll over to sleep. Last year I tired to wake him and he slipped me off. This year I was told he flipped off Sean and Chopstick, so he text me that he did to me as well....

4:30 I text again, he says they are getting ready... I tell Rion we will be late... after telling everyone to be at IHOP by 5am for the past couple of months. 5:10 they finally show up. I am already Highly pissed. We load my stuff up and head out. Maniac makes it to IHOP in 8 minutes where as it takes me 15...

Rion and his GF are waiting for us there. We go in and get a table. I get crazy looks cause I look like a punk. Silver hair, black shirt with strange gray cross designs, huge and heavy chain swinging at my side... Pictures later when developed. We sit down and order. I just get some chocolate milk. Skidd and his Cuz come strollin in late too. Dressed and Mario and Luigi no less. Skidd as Luigi.

Eventually we all head out on the road. Now it is about 6:30 and we should have left at 6... So not too bad at this point. I stick the new Gorillaz CD into the player and we jam to that on the way. In the town half way we make a pit stop, then it's back on the road. Meanwhile, I am looking back to Rion and making gestures and making my stuffed Plue doll dance for him and his GF. I am also text messaging them back and forth. So that was amusing.

Finally in Dallas, and oh by the way, I have had a sore throat the last few days and have a headache because of it. That's important to know. So now we are driving through crazy Dallas... Eventually we find the area the hotel is in. We wind up circling the hotel 20 times looking for a parking spot in the hotel, but they were all full. Then we checked the lots around the hotel. Eventually found a place... though it was a slight bit too far from the hotel for our tastes, but it was the best we could do. Not to mention it was now 9:30.... I told D I would be there at like 8.

Called my mother to let her know I got there okay, then we got out and headed it. I got in line to get my badge. I walk up to the dude and he tells me the letter of my last name it down on the other end next to letters that it has no place being next to! So I get in the LONGEST line out off all the letters. When I finally get to the table the lady tells me my last name was just now moved to the end of the table. So I go "Argh!" in frustration, thought I didn't mean to do that. I go back to the dude I just talked to and he apologizes that that happened to me.

While I was in line, I focused on my main concern of that morning. Calling my friend, D, I met on CosPlay.com. I tried and tried to call her but I was getting NO signal. After I got the badge, Maniac found out we could go check in now instead of waiting till 3pm. We go up there... the room is much nicer than it was the year before. I leave my 5'9", Green Sword in the room and we head back to the car in the hot, hot sun. I grab all my gear and everyone has to help me in addition to their own. I wanted to collapse. We dragged it all up to our rooms and rested a bit then headed back down. Convention time!

Wound up splitting from everyone but Rion and his GF...

So Rion and his GF go to get food and I walk off to find something to do. I did nothing but walk for an hour... I was trying to find Maniac. I hadn't seen him since 11am and it was not 4 pm. I figured at last if I stand near these escalators, Maniac is sure to come up them or try to go down them at some point. In the mean time I finally get asked for my picture. 3 in a row and the only 3 all day long. Apparently no one likes Groove Adventure Rave... So I settle against the wall and go into a trance as I stare at the escalators connected to the first floor. Suddenly D appears right infront of me and scares the bejeebus out of me. We talk a little bit, then she says she need to put up her dolls and get back into her Padme outfit.

I realize that my room is the only place I have not looked for Maniac. So I walk with her to her elevator. She said she would be back down in a bit and would call me if she couldn't find me. I go to my room and there is no Maniac... So I rest a bit cause the place is Hot and I've been sweating in all that clothing, not to mention carrying that sword. Eventually I decide to go back down. As I await the elevator it opens and Maniac comes out. He tells me he just found D on his way to the elevator and she told him to tell me she was heading for the Dealer's Room. Cool, cause I was going to go there too.

I go to the concerts with Rion and his GF. ZZ was on first, a rock band. They were really good. Then was Kumiko Kaito. She was okay, not bad. Then it was dream, with a lower case d. They were awesome! I loved the concerts, though I hated the people. I had a headache from my sore throat and were I was sitting is where everyone decided they needed to pass to get out and people standing infront of me wouldn't move so I kept getting kicked, bumped, stepped, shoved... I was about to shed blood. At one point theses girls trying to get by (I could not back up as a chair and a person in it were right behind me) would squeeze behind the people in front of me and get so close to me that another 2 inches they would be sitting in my lap. I almost told one of them they might as well sit down, we are so close.

I leave the concerts and come back with everyone to enjoy DJ Boss who is the BIGGEST name in the MOST popular Tokyo Night Club. I was digging it. He was great. But I had been awake for 28 hours now and could NOT speak and my head hurt. So Maniac and I got as close to the stage as we could to plan out our skit movements. Then we head out and go to bed. When I went into the shower everyone was talking and goofing off. When I got out they were all dead... asleep that is. So I watch some She's All That to let my hair dry then I get on my beach chair in my little corner and fall asleep.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home