Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Return of the Sexy - Saturday

My cell alarm wakes me up at 8:30. I wanted to be first in the shower cause I take a while in showers and needed to be in line to sign up for Cosplay at 10am... I find someone else already in it and everyone else claiming a spot. Now I am pissed. I wind up having to go stand in line in my pajamas, unshaven, with a hat covering my messy hair. I felt so humiliated! About 30-45 minutes later I get in and sign up for a skit and head back to the room. Everyone is already out and about without me. So I take a shower and get into my Moonlight Knight costume.

When I come out someone let Rion and his GF in and they were waiting for me. So head out. I go get my weapon checked and as I am passing through Sign Whore Bridge we run into Maniac. He gets my picture and I get his. Then this guy wants mine, then this lady wants mine with Maniac. Wow, already two for this costume.

I go into the dealer's room and as soon as I step foot in, someone taps my shoulder. A girl wants me picture. Woo~! Couple of more pictures as we walk about. I find a girl dressed as Usagi (Sailor Moon when not Sailor Moon) and when she saw me her face lit up! So we got some pictures taken together. Through out the day I had numerous girls wanting my picture and a few guys. Several times I was told they have never seen anyone dress as him. That makes me happy. One girl even asked for a hug and every time she saw me since she smiled and waved. This costume was a hit and that I am glad for. Sadly all the Sailor Moon people were on Friday so there was only a handful on Sat. I did get a picture with Pluto and Jupiter though. 2 of my favorite scouts. But my favorite is Mercury and I never found one.

Maniac was going to be in the DDR tournament. They told him it was multi form competition. When it started he found out it was only Perfect Attack so he was pissed.

At 4:30 Mugen and I headed out. We had asked Rion's GF the night before to be the girl in our skit since D couldn't play the part without proper costuming, which I respect. She agreed but wanted something other than her jeans and shirt. She went through my costumes and pulled out me cloak for my Alchemist costume. Put it on with the shoulder down one side and wrapped it around her like a kimono... It actually resembled on. She put her hair up with my chopsticks and it looked great.

We get in line, expecting to do rehersals first. They were pressed on time so they gave everyone a quick run throw and let the audience in. It had begun! First there was a lot of... Nothing. Just music playing. Then people in the audience started to get on the stage and dance. Then I head laughter and looked at Maniac. He heard it the second time and looked at me. We knew what it was. Feel Good, Inc. by the Gorillaz!! Man~! That song ROCKS when played that loud in such a big room! Eventually Kumiko Kaito was back to sing for us. This time picture taking was allowed and I took many, just because it was the first concert I was allowed to do so... And Maniac sure took his share. Next were the skits.

When we got up there I wasn't nervous, just annoyed everyone was still unclear as what to do. Pleople loved my intro I made for our skit, especially when they heard it was Champloo spoof. Music starts...

We messed up many times. I knew we weren't going to win anything, but I didn't care. I was just having fun, but I at least wanted to do it right... The fight scene went great. Best we had ever done it! And the audience loved the lightsaber part. I say my last line and head to my seat. As soon as I sit down 5 people behind me tap my shoulder and tell me that that was sweet or awesome or we did a really great job!

Everyone but me leaves to go get food. I don't eat at Cons. So I was alone. The majority of the reamining skits were really good. Only one guy was cut off and kicked off. Same dude from last year who tried to be a stand up comediean dressed as Yohko Kurama and was kicked off last year too. He sat infront of me before the skits and was a jerk, he sat down in front of me again and was all whiney. Loser.

So after 30 skits and 70 walk-ons, the judges leave and we are herded out for a group picture then sent back in. I lost my seat at the edge to Joe and Viewtiful Joe. I can't sit right with my swords cause I can't take them out. So I sat in the middle of two chairs at the very edge. My butt hurt bad. After watching a really cool presentation from an actual Ninjitsu Master, there was a Q&A with the MC. The guy was funny as heck and I really liked him. Probably the second best part of that whole night was him. Eventually the judges came back and it was time for the awards. I was curious as to who won. So many were so good.

They start out by telling us it took them so long and that says something about the quality of the perfromances this year and to be proud. First was the youth award. Some young kid dressed as Tidus from FFX during the walk-ons won. Then there was 3 different Judges Awards. Happy with all them who won. On to the Skits. First was Omaj (sp?) Award. Not to clear on its meaning. Anyway, Joe and Viewtiful Joe stand up to accept it. Finally, I can relax. I put my swords up on the chiar and sit back. Aww~~ "For Best Skit: Skit 11 - Samurai Champloo!" WHAT?!

My eyes shot open and I was standing up without thinking and walking to the stage. I was thinking this had to be a dream. I feel asleep or something... Everyone is going to freak when I get to the room and show them... Can this be real? As I get on the stage I see Maniac running to catch up. I accept the trophy and take the prizes and the girl congratulats me and tells me we were awesome. I can't believe this! We won BEST SKIT!! Ahh~~~!!!!

So we go out and look through our awards. A few people ask for our picture and congratulate us. We finally go back to our room. When we FINALLY got back to the room (stupid elevators) we had a small party. Just went through our prizes and split them up. Shared the box of Pocky and had some sodas. I gave credit to D for being the one to talk us into doing a skit and reserved a prize for her... We realized Skidd and his Cuz has skipped out and went home on us. Oh well.

We goofed around for a bit. Having mock fights in the room. Then we started to watch the skits again since they were showing it on the Hotel TV. I was wanting to see what me looked like. When it came... I realized... What they didn't know, they didn't know. Our skit looked fluid and perfect. Fight scene was great. I only knew it was messed up cause I worked on it. No one else had any way of knowing. So cool~! As Maniac and Chopstick fell asleep, Sean and I stayed up to see us get the award, but they stopped broad cast just before the awards.... Pissed me off. Went to bed.

By the way, they all agreed I could keep the trophy as I wrote the script and planned the first version and worked the most on it.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home