Saturday, June 12, 2004

Pictures In CosPlay

So I have finally found pictures of Marcus and I in our Saturday CosPlay costumes. And here they are for you all to see:

Me as Vincent Valentine.

Close up of me as Vincent.

Marcus as a `up Mushroom from Super Mario Bros.

Marcus' Close up.

Well, there you go. Yes, that is blood on my face, but no it is not real. I like how it looks real. See, I saw a long time ago a fan art of Vincent crying tears of blood. It moved me by showing how much pain he is going through inside... So I had to do that with my costume. Plus it was an added touch that was unique. And see those pretty things on my gun? I was clever and added Materia. You FFVII people know what that is about. Those that don't, feel free to ask me about it.

On that metal arm. The fingers are made of real metal, but the rest of the arm was just poster board sadly, and began to fall apart. But at least it looked real at frist. I even added the top of brads to make it look like each piece was bolted together. I tried to be as true to the character as I possibly could.

Marcus there, is just a crazy man. He came up with the idea, but I had to talk him into actually doing it. And I spray painted his afro for him. He drew quite a crowd with that. One website even labled him as the "BEST COSTUME EVER". That rock-sa-rocks.

Currently on my "Who Else Could I CosPlay?" list:

The Main Character from "Rave Master"
Manen from "Pretear"
Shingo from "SNK"
Moonlight Knight from "Sailor Moon"
Dream Project - Top Secret

I currently plan on doing Moonlight Knight and Shingo at next year's A-Kon. Wish me luck!!

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home