Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Save The Girl

Heh, all right. First a quick note. Several months ago I was talking to Marcus and two of his friends were talking with us as well. Suddenly, this 4 foot tall guy with really bad teeth and a horrible funky smell came up to us. He started talking to us and none of us could understand him. It was like... ebonics but he mumbled so much it was even harder to tell what he was saying. Even Marcus and his two friends didn't understand his ebonics.

All we understood was that he was from Tulsa, Oklahoma. So now we refer to him as Tulsa. He appears now and then, but we all try to avoid the weird little troll.

Today, I was at the arcade talking to Marcus while he worked. His recent ex and her friend appeared and started to talk to us. Eventually Marcus' ex's friend got tired of standing so she went to sit at the bench adjacent to the arcade.

Suddenly Tulsa appears and asks us if we had something to write with. I always have a pen on me, but I told him I didn't. So he said okay and walked off. We watched him, and he headed right toward Ashley's (the ex) friend. She looked sooooo scared. She called Ashley on her cell and begged for help, the troll was hitting on her and she was scared. Then hung up.

We watched from the arcade laughing. Then Tulsa sat down right next to her, trying to talk to her as he stared at her chest. She looked as if she was about to cry. So I decided to do something about it.

I walked out there and over to her. Nodded to Tulsa then looked at the girl and said, "Come one, Sweetie. Ashley says she needs to talk to you about some plans." And took her hand. First she looked a little surprised at me. The she stood up and told Tulsa she'd be back and we walked back to Ashley and Marcus.

See, the thing about me is, I am very shy. Especially around girls. I hardly have a back bone when it comes to something that is none of my business. I mean, I just met this girl, and I didn't even know her name yet. But something came over me. Besides the fact that the past few months I've been developing a back bone, I guess cause I didn't trust Tulsa and she looked scared, I felt I needed to help.

Anyway, then Marcus and the rest of us took her to the back door and let her escape that way. Tulsa finally got up and left. I felt a little good about my self for helping her out.

Marcus then took me aside, clapped, and said "That was very impressive." And shook my hand. He didn't think I had that in me. I didn't even know I did.

Well, as for CosPlay... I have like one last thing to do tomorrow with the Vincent costume and I will be done. Aside from doing some minor alterations. But it is all good.

I made a completely second costume as well. I started and finished it all in one day. That Ginji costume I spoke of. Sadly, I had to enter Old Navy. My mother said she got me the shorts and shirt already before I left so all I needed was a green vest.

Mother said she didn't see one at Sears or JCPennys. So I thought Old Navy might have one. I hate Old Navy. It gives off a really bad vibe and creeps me out. I felt dirty the whole time I was in there. All I could find was a sleeveless shirt for $10.50. I took it to the register and it came up $5.41. I was happy about that. Brought it home, cut down the middle, and I am done, Buddy!

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home