Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Characters Made, Making Characters

Had to work an 8 hour shift. I know it is no big deal to most people, but it is not something I am used to anymore. Usually I work 4 hour shifts, or 6 at the most. So an 8 hour shift is killer long to me. Especially since I work alone. Being alone is basically the only reason I complain about long shifts. I hate being alone, time goes by so slowly.

Luckily, today was not so bad. I took care of a list of things that needed to be done, and it was simple and easy. I finished all of it by 4. Three hours down. Then Marcus came to talk to me for two hours before he headed to work at Hot Topic. That left me with three more hours. So I began to design some more characters. I like these characters I made. That took another hour. Then a lady I work with came in to do some things till close, so it was not a bad day at all.

I was afraid it was going to be horribly slow cause it was Memorial Day and no one would be at the mall. I was right that there was hardly anyone at the mall at least. I still managed to get our register out of the whole it was in this morning because of an $85 refund. Sadly, I did not get paid holiday pay...

You know... I get paid $6/hour. At the theater I was paid $5.15/hour... I made twice as much there as I do here... So, so sad... I need a second job... I thought about applying at DEBs today. According to the mall website, they have been searching for a "Sales Associate" for the past 6 months... And I figure, clothes are clothes. Why can't I work there?!

Now about my characters I made up. One, I named after a mispronounced word the girl I went on a date with said. Anime is pronounced Ah-nah-may)." She was trying to talk about it and kept saying "A"-nigh-mm. I was like... "What ARE you talking about?" But no matter how I asked, she would not give me details till she found an anime magazine with anime in the title and pointed at it using her word. She said a friend of hers pronounces it that way. I told her he needs to be kicked in the head.

So now I have one named Ainyhm, or "A"-nigh-mm. Heh. He is a freaky weird guy so far. I just need to figure out what to do with all these characters I keep creating.

While I was talking to Marcus, he finally gave in and said he would CosPlay as Ban from "Get Backers". Then he said under one condition. I have to dress as Ban's partner, Ginji.

The Get Backers (Ban and Ginji) are just that, get backers. They will get back anything you lost or was stolen for you for a few. And they will use any method they can to do so. I like this series. They are cool, always broke, but way cool. So I was up for it.

All I have to do is buy a few clothing items. Luckily Ban and Ginji wear normal, average clothing. Except, Ginji wears colors I don't own... In other words he wears colors. I only wear gray or black sometimes. So, I need a white t-shirt, green vest, and brown shorts. But the only real problems are, Marcus doesn't have purple eyes and I do not have blonde, spiky hair.

The Get Backers are often seen carrying signs trying to advertise their business to try and get more clients... Yeah, that sounds bad. Anyway, Marcus and I are going to make signs and walk around A-Kon with them... So much fun.

@->-->---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home