Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Alice Is My "Home Girl"

Woke up and just played "American McGee's Alice" today. I've always wanted to play it, and my friend from Florida let me borrow it. I love it so far, it is fun.

"Alice in Wonderland" always interested me. Not the cheap, useless Disney trash. The actual book. I've never read all of it, just a chapter. But for some reason it has always captured my imagination.

"Alice" is more of a sequel to the book though... A very DARK sequel. I haven't even gotten half way through yet, so I shall explain what I gather is going on so far:

Shortly after Alice returned home from Wonderland, her house caught fire and she jumped out a window. Her parents were caught in the fire and burned alive. She went into shock and was placed in an asylum. Years later, the creatures of Wonderland call out to Alice for help. Once again she falls through the rabbit hole.

It seems the Queen of Hearts has gone insane and become more evil. She has enslaved everything and everyone in Wonderland she could get ahold of. Also, because Wonderland is a magical world, it is effected by things. The queen's evil aura has become so great, Wonderland has become warped and twisted... Every one has a new gruesome look and the world is something out of a nightmare.

Alice tries to keep up with the White Rabbit that is leading her to the queen and the Cheshire Cat (who looks really wicked) appears to help you out by giving you words of advice.

She uses a knife, a croquet mallet, dice the summon demons, and that is all the weapons I have found so far. This game is so dark, twisted, and violent. Alice even has an attitude. I love it!

Other than that, my brother helped me check my battery. We filled the water, and cleaned the gunk that developed on the connectors. Then he cleaned out 3 nests worth of tall grass and 3 birds worth of feathers from the air intake grill. He thinks Yuki has been climbing trees and eating birds... Anyway, then I hosed down the engine. It was really dirty. I started the engine, and it seemed to start faster and stronger. Also, the battery light didn't come on. Thank goodness I didn't have to replace the battery.

Man, I wish I could be making more money so I didn't have to be so overly concerned about how much I spend like I am now... I hate it and this town with its little amount of open nice jobs. And I want to get an apartment with Marcus, cause that would be nice and a lot of fun... Oh well, maybe soon. Wish my luck on finding a great job and saving a lot of money very soon people...

@->-->---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam, I have money I can give to you. I'll just go to your place tomorrow and drop it off, first thing in the morning. Okay? Okay.

- Joyce

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home